for sale

mtnwhlr

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
84 cj7, 91 cherokee, 78 chevy 3500 pu, 78 CJ7
https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-cj7-with-hardtop/6568181428.html
So my daughters boyfriend wants me to go look at this with him tomorrow. From the pics it has a Wrangler hardtop that looks like they have tried to convert the back to work on the CJ. I wonder if the blue doors also came from it. I has a Dana 20 rear and manual breaks which seams strange for a '86. What else do you guys see wrong hear?

I have manual brakes on my 84. Probably just a low end model maybe.

I love the padlock on the drivers door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also it should be an AMC20 rear and a Dand 30 front axle with a Dana300 transfercase

T4/5 trans or a T176

I love the padlock on the drivers door

Yea I got a laugh out of that to. It's on both doors.

Lol sweet, more holes to fill

What is the Thrust bearing he is talking about?

Well I hope he is talking about the throw out bearing which is what pushes on the clutch fingers to release the clutch and not the thrust bearing which is one of the main bearings on the crankshaft which would require a rebuild of the engine

Well I hope he is talking about the throw out bearing which is what pushes on the clutch fingers to release the clutch and not the thrust bearing which is one of the main bearings on the crankshaft which would require a rebuild of the engine

May need a rebuilding anyway 😩

That's what I thought but have never heard of one going out and he says it runs and drives.

That's what I thought but have never heard of one going out and he says it runs and drives.

If you push the clutch in a lot it pushes on the thrust bearing, I bought an old Mopar 340 that had a worn out thrust bear

Will it have to pass any SMOG tests?
If so-Make that part of the sale condition.
LG

Mtn has your son Checked our Facebook “marketplace” there’s a couple more -7s in that price range.

No, I will have to check that out. I talked him out of that one and told him to save some more and get one he can drive home.

Good plan! If you see the blue -7 with “sidewinder“ on the hood he wants 3800! But it’s needs a tube, I got him down to 1500 lol , but my offer was 1200 firm it ran decent tho.. I don’t really want another but @ 1200 I was a buyer..

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/jeep-cj7-with-hardtop/6568181428.html
So my daughters boyfriend wants me to go look at this with him tomorrow. From the pics it has a Wrangler hardtop that looks like they have tried to convert the back to work on the CJ. I wonder if the blue doors also came from it. I has a Dana 20 rear and manual breaks which seams strange for a '86. What else do you guys see wrong hear?

Did you see this?

https://denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/pos-1985-cj7-jeep-project/6581621862.html

No I hadn't sure glad I talked him out of it. Looks like something is leaking out the front of it real bad also. Thanks Posi

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks