Engine Flywheel and balancer identification

Engine Flywheel and balancer identification

wondernad

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ7 304, 98 XJ 4.0l, 90 YJ 2.5, and 93 240sx sr20det
Its been a while since ive been here. my project has taken a back seat to normal life for a long time. Now im starting to get back to it. I am assembling a 360 to replace my 304. I know the 304 and 360 use different balance for the flywheel and balancer. Is there a way to visually tell them apart? I have 2 flywheels but I am not sure if one of them is off the 360 that I am rebuilding. There are slight visual differences but the main difference is the one I believe is off my OG 304 has balance holes drilled on the outside of the flywheel. Whereas the other flywheel has balance holes drilled on the back side. I also wonder if the second one is aftermarket.

I can take the flywheels to the machine shop but the bottom end is already together if that matters for identification. And know that I think about it. Having them identify a d check balance along with resurfacing the clutch surface I'm going to guess I'll be somewhere close to the price of a replacement flywheel.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks