Fifth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report

Fifth Annual Colorado Jeep-CJ Trail Report
What's happened to the cabin/shack at Kite lake?
That had been there for a loooong time.

Wow! thanks for that guys, it really made my day! So is BusaDave or Mrplaybass going to lead the next trip?

What's happened to the cabin/shack at Kite lake?
That had been there for a loooong time.
My guess is it collapsed from the snow. It was up 2 years ago and I think it fell down last year.

Going back to Saturday, we did have a birthday party for my daughter Khari. She turned 1 on the 25th.

Here she is figuring out how to approach her cupcake...

06e0d20c833d018ee2b7fb8b4d56a124.jpg

And here getting some help from 2 of her sisters Karinne and Kaitlynn.

9e19492638565f2ab31479b49d912929.jpg

Here she is a day later with mom and sister Karinne after 8 1/2hrs on Engineer Pass and on to Corkscrew Gulch.

8bf159d177b44e47c286ca5c5ff6773d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Wow! thanks for that guys, it really made my day! So is BusaDave or Mrplaybass going to lead the next trip?

I would hate to be the first lemming over the edge, and then have everyone follow me! :D I'll always help in any way I can, but I'll leave the leadership to the guy in the know.:)

I would hate to be the first lemming over the edge, and then have everyone follow me! :D I'll always help in any way I can, but I'll leave the leadership to the guy in the know.:)

Give your self a little credit. You did great on the wall.

Posi, how much of that Tj did you return? :D

Give your self a little credit. You did great on the wall.

Posi, how much of that Tj did you return? :D

Thanks Pete, hangin with this group, I am learning fast. :DAnd I can testify that Posi returned the entire TJ......... Maybe all the parts weren't in their original locations, but they were all there! (in boxes, glove compartment, dragging behind:eek: ) just kidding :laugh:

I haven't posted up much on these threads, but have been following with much interest and it sounds like you guys had a blast. The views that you took pictures of are beautiful.
I hope you do these for a few more years because I plan to be in that area in a couple more years and would love to be involved in a ride.

Here's the GPS tracking of some of our trail rides.
SpotWalla Jeep-CJ Trail Ride
On the left is Sundays trail ride (Yankee Boy Basin and Governor Basin).
The loop in the lower right is Engineer Pass and Animas Forks. You can zoom in and see the places we were at.
I didn't track Poughkeepsie Gulch or Beartown site.

Last edited:
Very cool Dave! Thanks, We have been trying to figure out a way to download our GPS data, but so far, no luck.

Dave - Now that is cool. The zooming in IS cool. Zooming in AND turning on the satellite is the COOLEST! Love it my friend.

Very cool Dave! Thanks, We have been trying to figure out a way to download our GPS data, but so far, no luck.

This wasn't a regular GPS. I used BubblerGPS installed on my Android Tablet (can be installed on Android Phones too). It uploads my location to the internet. So that link I shared is how this software shows my location. It's not really used to find out where you are (I have other software on my Android for that). I like it for motorcycling too. It shows my location in real time (when I have cell coverage).
Motorcycle Road Trip 2015

Thanks to BillD and Carol, we now have a video to replace the one that I took that got cut off. :ty:
Oldjeeplady is the whole reason I am now a "Jeeper" and it's her turn to take a whack at some of the trails. I rode across with Posi's cousin Rad in order to take a video, not because I feared that my wife might try to kick me out mid crossing to see if an old man would float. :eek:

Oldjeeplady crossing Rio Grande river

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Edit - Nice video, embeded CJ

:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom