Favorite Off-Road tire (ever)?

Favorite Off-Road tire (ever)?
If you have the gear to turn them with out twisting an axle or driveshaft and whatnot with all that horsepower peddle feathering better be good.;)
Are you talking about the 43's? I wouldnt even consider them without 1 ton or larger axles

I know that this thread is ancient, but I can't help myself.

On my '78 CJ5 I ran BFG A/Ts, in the 32" flavor on 15" wheels. When I bought my CJ7 it had 33x12.5/R15 Dayton Timberline AT2s on 10" wide American Racers. . At first I was going to immediately get rid of them, and get BFGs. I thought "cheap" tires wouldn't perform well. But, let me tell ya, after putting these tires through their paces, wet mud up to my axles, freshly plowed bean field, sticky mud to the rims and 8" of wet snow, I am impressed. They don't self clean quite as well as their BFG counterparts, but for daily driving and moderate wheeling in Indiana, they are good. At less than $200, you can't beat 'em.

Hmm, don't think I've ever seen this thread. Favorite tire? Well hands down that would have to be the Armstrong Tru Trac. It worked well in any type terrain. Wish it was still produced. R.I.P.
Wild Country Radial RTV's were also a great tire no longer produced.

O.K., I'll get in on this too. any tire that has 4 or more plys on the sidewall. I have put a lot of holes in especially thru those so called BFG 3 ply jobs. Then of course the tire is history, and money poorly spent.

Hmm, don't think I've ever seen this thread. Favorite tire? Well hands down that would have to be the Armstrong Tru Trac. It worked well in any type terrain. Wish it was still produced.

X2..best tire ever for a CJ
Only complaint was noisy on the highway, wouldn't bother most folks today, because nobody drives their Jeep to a run anymore....

So now lets go back a little farther...
Stagger Blocks

OK so if anybody else is watching this.

Anybody have any ever had experience with Super Swamper LTB s???

OK so if anybody else is watching this.

Anybody have any ever had experience with Super Swamper LTB s???

I have Bias Ply SuperSwamper TSL SX tires and I love them. Very aggressive and tough. Not good on the street but great off-road.
SuperSwamper4Medium.jpg

That is what I am using , off road, now. But if you have ever seen the LTBs, they are scary aggressive. Like the tread would grab something and not want to let go.:D

I have Bias Ply SuperSwamper TSL SX tires and I love them. Very aggressive and tough. Not good on the street but great off-road.
SuperSwamper4Medium.jpg

My favorite all around tire is the GY MTR Kevlar. They have great road manners, great tread life, and work awesome offroad. The only thing I don't like about them is I do not think they look as good on a CJ as some of the more retro tread designs. I am currently running TSLs on my CJ and they work great too.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks