Favorite Camp Sites

Favorite Camp Sites

TheWrangler

Jeeper
Thanks
Well one of my faves is Palomar...or also known as "place of the pigeons" or something like that. Cool climate. Great trails. Really relaxing there. :D

Last edited:
I'm very partial to the lower Appalachian mountains, specifically the NC / TN area. The Fontana damn is spectacular and the trails around there are great!

In the summer I might be driving all the way up to Whistler for what my dad describes as "the only good bit about canada" (no offence intended, his words not mine!)

Apparently according to him his mates from "the garage" (all he ever talks about!, and that must have been 1970-75 roughly) would trail on their own trails, which were walking/driving trails of what would be off piste in heavy sason.

Well my old man might still know how to have fun, so we are going to be heading up there in a few months, to look for these elusive trails he talks about.

:cool:

it would be nice to have a kinda sticky section on this topic, sorted by location etc

for good camping spots
and good offroad spots

along with things like instructions on how to get there (if the official maps, info sites dont cover things like 'there is actually a road you turn off onto but it has no sign' etc) and any restrictions on camping/driving or the cost of permits etc....

anyone else think this would be useful? shoudl I post as a new thread in the suggestions?

it would be nice to have a kinda sticky section on this topic, sorted by location etc

for good camping spots
and good offroad spots

along with things like instructions on how to get there (if the official maps, info sites dont cover things like 'there is actually a road you turn off onto but it has no sign' etc) and any restrictions on camping/driving or the cost of permits etc....

anyone else think this would be useful? shoudl I post as a new thread in the suggestions?
This site is highly member customizable... You can easily create a social group that specializes in camping and places of interest. You could even create one based on states or regions... :chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks