Farmington NM Trails

Farmington NM Trails

BusaDave9

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 Jeep CJ5 with 304 V8, T18 Transmission, Dana 20 Transfer case with TeraLow 3:1 gears, 4.88 axle gears, Detroit Locker up front and Ox Locker in back with 1 piece axle shafts, 36" SuperSwamper SX Tires, Shackle reversal, MileMarker Hydraulic winch, MSD 6A ignition.
I just got back from ChokeCherry Canyon also know as Glade Run. These are trails just north of Farmington NM. It's about an hour south of my home in Durango Colorado. My favorite trails are actually high in the mountains north of Durango but those trails are already covered in several feet of snow. So this time of the year I head south and lower in elevation. They get very little snow in Farmington so I can four wheel there in the winter.
02.jpg
05.jpg
This place is like a Mini-Moab. Lots of slickrock and rock formations.
85And2more_tonemapped.jpg
Lots of these trails are insanely extreme. This is the place to take a custom buggy. I am amazed by some of the tracks that go up huge ledges. In this next picture you can see I took the easy way up. The buggies go strait up those ledges.
03.jpg
I modified this next picture with HDR software.
60And2more_tonemapped.jpg
My passenger preferred to walk even when I didn't need spotting.
83.jpg
One thing that really aggravated me is I was out of CO2. I could not air down my tires because I couldn't air them back up.

42.jpg
34.jpg
I stuck to the trails I thought I could keep my CJ upright. But there were lots of scary sections. I chickened out often. I ran into a lot of dead ends. We often said that we could continue if we had a buggy. This is not the best place for a top heavy CJ.
31.jpg
41.jpg
14.jpg

11.jpg

29.jpg
This is also where my avatar was shot.
Hey, guess what? I made it back without rolling my Jeep. More surprising than that I didn't even break anything. THAT's what really surprised me. :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the shots Busa!

Interested in knowing about your CB antenna loc. Work better than behind the top?

Nice shots man! Looks like a lot of fun! :drool:

:chug:

~ JR

Sweet shots and it looks like a fun place. I miss living out there.

Looks like a fun place to ride. Great pic's as always.:chug:

This is a spectacular image!

60And2more_tonemapped.jpg

Looks like a great place to wheel!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks