Diff Dana 30 spindle or axle bent?

Differentials
Diff Dana 30 spindle or axle bent?

bbcj576

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ5
76 CJ5 with front disc brakes. I have brand new races and bearings in the hub and a new rotor. When I spin the rotor there is a noticeable gap variation seen between the rotor and bracket. It doesnt rub, but it definitely is not spinning true.
What is the typical culprit here? The spindle right?

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
  • image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    59.3 KB · Views: 12
Solution
how did you install your new races?
They may not be fully seated and True.

I use a Press, They can be driven with a Hammer but its not the best way to be sure there strait and true.
I haven't yet. The new hub should be here tomorrow. Seems like no matter who it was prior that put new races in, the slight wobble persist so I went with the new hub and spindle option.

I use a Press, They can be driven with a Hammer but its not the best way to be sure there strait and true.

I haven't yet. The new hub should be here tomorrow. Seems like no matter who it was prior that put new races in, the slight wobble persist so I went with the new hub and spindle option.

Solution
Ouch that couldn't have been cheap

I am looking for a new 6 Bolt adapter for my Hub I broke one into 3 pieces in my front yard!
I cant find a source for the old Warn Hubs.

heres a link to typical ebay add

I am looking for the Black part in the main picture....
All these adds on ebay show one, And pics show Hubs in the Box dont show the Adapter deal.... I am at a loss adds on Quadratech of 4wheel parts dont list the part that I have found.
Any one know where I can get this or what its called right now its unabtanium for me at this point I really want to get this rig back on the trail. I know I have a Dana 30 axle set up NOT a 44.

I wish I had a Dana 44 I wouldn't be afraid of 35s if I had a 44.

If it was the Spindle it wouldn't wobble unless the hardware securing it was loose? If tight it would just be off in one direction or the other and would probably rub something.
Now bearing races not being true or the brake Rotor being warped from over heating the breaks are very possible.

Ouch that couldn't have been cheap

I am looking for a new 6 Bolt adapter for my Hub I broke one into 3 pieces in my front yard!
I cant find a source for the old Warn Hubs.

heres a link to typical ebay add

I am looking for the Black part in the main picture....
All these adds on ebay show one, And pics show Hubs in the Box dont show the Adapter deal.... I am at a loss adds on Quadratech of 4wheel parts dont list the part that I have found.
Any one know where I can get this or what its called right now its unabtanium for me at this point I really want to get this rig back on the trail. I know I have a Dana 30 axle set up NOT a 44.

I wish I had a Dana 44 I wouldn't be afraid of 35s if I had a 44.
can't you buy a used set on ebay, take the parts you need?

I found a set of 27 spline 6 bolts just now on ebay UNGODLY Price Warn would think twice about discontinuing them.
I bought them rather than running the Mile marker brand I hope they work????

I have always had Warn on my Jeeps..... Never had a failure till now has to be a reason why they backed off repeatedly.
I will be doing a full disassembly and clean and lube of both sides brakes spindles steering hubs whole 9 yards clean lube paint everything.

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks