TCase Dana-20 linkage

Transfer case
TCase Dana-20 linkage

407-loco

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7
Has anyone rebuild there linkage watched a really good video on YouTube but can't find the parts myself. Few people on ebay has bushing and hind joint replacement but no complete kit.

Solution
Novak has a complete part list (they say they have available) and a great step-by-step with exploded diagram.
Part List
Instructions

And here's a kit with every part except housing, pan cover, and gears themselves. Complete Kit

Full shift linkage kit: Linkage Kit

Shift linkage bushings: Bushings only

Heim join shift rod: eBay link

I twin-sticked mine and love it. Don't use the option for front wheel drive only too often, but nice to have when I needed it; and love the easy linkage setup. P.S. I also used heim joints and threaded rod - just some generic stuff from the hardware store.
Novak has a complete part list (they say they have available) and a great step-by-step with exploded diagram.
Part List
Instructions

And here's a kit with every part except housing, pan cover, and gears themselves. Complete Kit

Full shift linkage kit: Linkage Kit

Shift linkage bushings: Bushings only

Heim join shift rod: eBay link

I twin-sticked mine and love it. Don't use the option for front wheel drive only too often, but nice to have when I needed it; and love the easy linkage setup. P.S. I also used heim joints and threaded rod - just some generic stuff from the hardware store.

Solution
Thanks
I ordered everything from Barry's last night. Glade you didn't come up with anything cheaper. Can't believe the linkage rebuild is going to cost more than the transmission rebuild

I rebuilt my own using most parts from tractor supply. Just a note, the 2 sheet metal caps, on the end just inside, dimple them with a point like a philips head, to get it to seat tighter. You'll see what i mean when you install them. After you tap them in see if you can wiggle and pull them out by hand. Every time I look at a Dana 20 they are missing 1.

Wasn't going to replace the caps should I. Was just doing the bushings and the double heim joints along with pan gaskets and all for seals

I never replaced the caps if the current ones look OK. But "BrockGrimes" is right. Ding 'em a bit to seal better when you reinstall them. If they wiggle, they'll fall out. No bueno.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks