Cot Tent

Cot Tent

Hedgehog

Always Off-Roading Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
-1975 Jeep CJ5, 360 V8, Headers, Duel Exhaust,T15 transmission, D-20 Transfer case, Twin Stick Conversion, Warn 8274 Winch
-1951 Willys Wagon, 4 cylinder, "F" head, little rust, very close to stock
A couple months ago I posted a question to BusaDave9 about his experience with his Cot-tent. Since then I've been watching the local Craigslist and one popped up there that I was interested in. It is a Cabelas Deluxe model that sleeps 2. A darned expensive item at almost $350 new, the folks on Craigslist wanted $150 for one that was unused. I'm thinkin' double wide, room for big ol' me and the expensive stuff to sleep in cool. One thing all the write ups on this tent-cot say that this is a heavy item. I'm thinkin' big deal I'm not a back packer, I'm a Jeep Camper.

The tent is exactly as described, big roomy to lay down in, easy to setup and HEAVY. When I say big I mean big not only when deployed, but when folded up as well.

IMG_0009.jpg

This is the tent folded, leaning up against the roll bar in the back of my Jeep. Now that's a load, it's only about 8" deep, but still a load. With a Bikini top on it would stop some of the back wind though. It might fit between the seats standing the other way. ...... A single might have been a better idea.

The tent is nice though. When opened there is a bunch of room inside as long as your sleeping. Sitting up isn't comfortable because your head hits the top. There are a lot of places to store things with mesh pockets and even two fold down cup holders. There is a sky light above your sleeping position, the windows are big on both sides and at the ends. Naturally the windows can be enjoyed open with a bug mesh or without. The tent comes with a rain fly included. The thing goes on like a fitted sheet with tie downs in the important places. It even has a sky light opening. The fly has one neat feature. When zipped open there are grommet holes for short stakes that make a neat awning or porch of sorts. Both sides have openings so you could sit out in the rain and stay dry. Zip'em closed when the weather gets truly bad. Other cool features are the glow in the dark zipper tabs. No more searching for the tabs on a dark night.

Last edited:
No disagreement there..............

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks