Colorado Springs to Ouray Excursion Aug 11-12

Colorado Springs to Ouray Excursion Aug 11-12
Heading to Ouray with the group in a few hours.

Thanks for taking time out from your busy morning to say hey to Carolyn and me. Be safe, see all of you on Tuesday morning.

Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet you both see you Tuesday.

This is a hard working group, been turning in 1am or later and up at 5:30. We had a great time yesterday on the trail. I'm not sure what time we got back to the shop but it was dark outside and had been for awhile. Bill's tail light and heater stoped working which was taken care of last night. I had an exhaust leak through the tailgate while coasting and found the tailgate gasket was missing on one side. Did some tailgate repair which should stop the leak. Had some rust kick up in my coolant system so I'll drain and flush before heading out and replace a stretched alternator belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobby and Blacky started their journey from eastern NY this morning at 5:30. They expect to be in Ouray Sunday evening.

Sooooo jealous!!! looks like you guys are having a blast!

Bobby and Blacky started their journey from eastern NY this morning at 5:30. They expect to be in Ouray Sunday evening.

That is a long haul !

Correction, new info they left Friday night at 8pm

New Motor mount in ready for Poughkeepsie

Thanks, it was a pleasure to meet you both see you Tuesday.

This is a hard working group, been turning in 1am or later and up at 5:30. We had a great time yesterday on the trail. I'm not sure what time we got back to the shop but it was dark outside and had been for awhile. Bill's tail light and heater stoped working which was taken care of last night. I had an exhaust leak through the tailgate while coasting and found the tailgate gasket was missing on one side. Did some tailgate repair which should stop the leak. Had some rust kick up in my coolant system so I'll drain and flush before heading out and replace a stretched alternator belt.

So is your plan just to buy a new Cj every year for this ride or what? It seems to be working well for you. Lol

So is your plan just to buy a new Cj every year for this ride or what? It seems to be working well for you. Lol
It has
However, I think I found a keeper with this one.
Walked up everything I tried and never gave me any trouble.
Not to mentioned a 5 1/2 hour drive each way to and from Ouray.
Things to do,
The 33 12.5 tires are rubbing on the springs in the front on tight turns. Staying out of the springs led to wider turns (think Black Bear Pass).
The rears are rubbing on the tub and frame when flexing hard.
Time to use some spacers for the first time.
Twin stick, the stock bushing is gone.
Good to go!

It has
However, I think I found a keeper with this one.
Walked up everything I tried and never gave me any trouble.
Not to mentioned a 5 1/2 hour drive each way to and from Ouray.
Things to do,
The 33 12.5 tires are rubbing on the springs in the front on tight turns. Staying out of the springs led to wider turns (think Black Bear Pass).
The rears are rubbing on the tub and frame when flexing hard.
Time to use some spacers for the first time.
Twin stick, the stock bushing is gone.
Good to go!
Maybe a new front slip yoke?? :poke:

Yup, that too.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks