CJ7 Wide Track Tie Rod Tube and Drag Link Lengths?

CJ7 Wide Track Tie Rod Tube and Drag Link Lengths?

deminimis

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'86 CJ7, 258, TF999, D300, D30, AMC20 (for now), 2.73
Hi All,
Not near my '86 CJ7, I have a couple of questions and I need to order some tube today. Factory tie rod tube length (just tube, not the TREs)? Drag link, including sleeve (however you have it adjusted) length? I suppose for the drag, the bolt center to the end of the adjusting sleeve would be close enough. The "be safe" extra foot of tube bumps the bill by approx $20 (mostly shipping increase), so trying to keep the order to a minimum. Thanks!!

I have a tie rod/ drag link from a Bronco on my '86. I do get 46" and 29 1/2" hole to hole. So you do the rest of the math to compensate for the tres.

Last edited:
Slide a section of 1/2" rebar inside that tie rod tube to really beef it up.
LG

Oh heck no. That's dead weight right there. I'm using 1.25 .120 4130. I'm inner sleeving (with rosettes) with 1" .095 as I have plenty of that laying around. Should I later choose to go with Chev TREs, which I doubt, then I'll use this setup, less the bung ends, as my inner sleeve for the 1.5 tube. Hell, I think dental floss soaked with super glue would be stronger than the orig rod tube. Had I already had the bungs I needed, then I would have just gone Chev from the get go, but I have a bunch of 3/4 for 1.5 and 7/8 for 1.75 bungs, so no bung love on hand. I'm sure this setup will do me just fine (probably forever).

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks