CJ7 power brake change.

CJ7 power brake change.

Genaz

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ7. 258cu 6cyl. T5 tranny/Dana 300 transfer case (both from '82 Scramber)
Hi, I'm a new member and need some advice on changing my '79 CJ (258cu. 6 cyl) to power brakes. I've got the new master cylinder and power booster installed, but can't find a place to hook up the vacuum line to power booster. I

Solution
Might help: - I'll look for more.

CIMG2748.jpg

CIMG2748.jpg

Solution
Those are some great pics and should answer your question. I'll just add - any manifold vacuum source, not ported vacuum source.

View attachment 100682
Thanks so much! I'll see if this will work on my '79. Just curious.. What is the carb and manifold set up you have? And did you have to go for a super small aircleaner after the installation?

Thanks so much! I'll see if this will work on my '79. Just curious.. What is the carb and manifold set up you have? And did you have to go for a super small aircleaner after the installation?
The 1st image is from a member here (@rlitavecz) and he has a Howell fuel injection system. The other pictures I found on the net but the 2nd pic also has Howell fuel injection. A very common carb for a 258 is the MC 2100.
As far as the air cleaner that is really a personal choice, the open air cleaner does nothing in very wet situations though. Here is a link where @hole just put a TJ air filter assembly on his 83 CJ8 which would be the same install as your 79 CJ7.

Oh Great! Thanks for the information. This is really helping.
I found this ’79 CJ7 in a barn in Tennessee. Original owner passed away and left it to his son, who was going to fix it up. But is sat for years. You know, the usual story…

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks