Engine Chevy V8 CJ7, stubby hugger headers or outside frame?

Engine Chevy V8 CJ7, stubby hugger headers or outside frame?

Armyvet25

Beach Runner
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 83 CJ7, 2012 JKU, 1995 YJ
Which has worked better from those whom have done it, get the larger outside frame rail headers or custom the exhaust with stubby block huggers, the later expecting some custom motor mounting for sure, along with room for the front drive shaft. I will probably have the engine offset if needed 1-1-1/2 towards passenger side, no mechanical fan so I'll squeeze it as forward as possible and finally it will have a slight body lift 1-2" and suspension lift of approx 2". True Dual exhaust not necessary.
Thanks
p.s. pics greatly appreciated.

I used generic pipes and welded them up myself. Pipes and mufflers were purchased from my local muffler shop. Now if you're looking for a kit of generic pipes to weld up yourself, Summit has some great offerings. These kits can include the over-the-axle parts as well as the flared header attachments, etc. Their part # 680101 includes a pair of mufflers and all the pipe you would need to exit out the back with angles already bent. Just supply hangers.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks