chevy 350 wiring, what all do i need

chevy 350 wiring, what all do i need

raser13

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ-5 '83 amc 258 straight six, motorcraft 2100 carb ,inline fuel pump, 1000 cca battery ,T-175 tranny,
hey guys and gals, have a 1990 chevy 350 from a suburban that was just given to me. i'm working on getting it into the CJ5. i've been trying to find all the important items for the 350. it has a throttle body on it. you know the half carb, half fuel injection thing. i've taken all of the wiring harness from under the hood and have tried to go over the interior harness to see it there is some control box some where that i'm missing. but i haven't seen any. am i missing something???

the wife wants the suburban gone like yesterday. but i need to make sure i have everything i need off of it first. so is there anything on the inside harness that i need if so what and where might it be under the dash?

also i'm trying to go through the wiring diagrams and get A) the jeep wiring harness to mate and work with B) the chevy harness. if anyone has done this one before and can kind of walk me through this, or just a few highlights. or if you did a wiring diagram where you made A and B work together that would be out standing if you still had a copy and could scan it and send it to me. thanks for any help or info

Gm tbi is a pretty good swap. (Don’t expect big mpg numbers). Howell has a very good support section on their site. I ran their setup on my black Jeep on the 360 for awhile. The Jeep was in a Howell add a few years back. Anyway you are basically recreating their unit so the wiring is the same. The support section has wiring diagrams and with those you can figure out what to delete from the harness and what sending units you will need. We have done this several times for friends jeeps and it works well.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks