chevy 350 conversion question

chevy 350 conversion question

bearsden

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2002 ford f150 4wd,1989 chevy suburban 4wd,86 cj7 ,67 nissan patrol(sold)
the Chevy 350 i have does have the long water pump.Do i need to switch that over to the short water pump? looks like roughly its about an 1.5" of difference. if i have to switch it out i guess nows the time so i can start looking for all the other stuff i will need to do it. Thanks in advance !!!

the Chevy 350 i have does have the long water pump.Do i need to switch that over to the short water pump? looks like roughly its about an 1.5" of difference. if i have to switch it out i guess nows the time so i can start looking for all the other stuff i will need to do it. Thanks in advance !!!
I probably didn't explain that the best..I'm finishing up work on a chevy 350 that i will be installing in my CJ7 here in the future. It currently has the "long" water pump installed. I was wanting to know if anyone who has done the swap could tell me if they used the same and had any problems. I'm using the m.o.r.e. motor mounts and am using the novak radiator with the stock fan that is on the 350 now. Thanks again...

I use a long pump on my Sbc, and it fits just fine. Granted, I'm using an electric fan at this point, but I can tell you that a regular flex fan does fit, as does even using a fan spacer to bring it even closer to the radiator. You'll be fine with what you've got.

I use a long pump on my Sbc, and it fits just fine. Granted, I'm using an electric fan at this point, but I can tell you that a regular flex fan does fit, as does even using a fan spacer to bring it even closer to the radiator. You'll be fine with what you've got.
thats great news thanks so much!!!!!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks