Borgeson Steering Shaft.

Borgeson Steering Shaft.

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
For Christmas Santa is bringing me a new steering shaft. Only problem is - he doesn't know exactly which one to order...

Case: 72 Jeep CJ originally with manual steering. Has since had a power box added - Saginaw. Santa is under the assumption that he needs to order the power shaft as most likely the difference is the lower coupling.

Has anyone ever ordered or had any experience with this?

Thanks,

For Christmas Santa is bringing me a new steering shaft. Only problem is - he doesn't know exactly which one to order...

Or where to ship it. Santa, I am in Homer, Alaska. Dont come dow the chimney theres a fire burning, just leave it in the shop
Thanks,

There fixed it for you!:banana:

Call the mfg and see where you need to take your measurments from
Thas what i had to do for my old K5

Case: 72 Jeep CJ originally with manual steering. Has since had a power box added - Saginaw. Santa is under the assumption that he needs to order the power shaft as most likely the difference is the lower coupling.

Thanks,

The problem is that you still believe in Santa...

But if there really is a Santa, and you get this steering shaft, he had better bring me what I want too...

Santa must be real! He still brings my Nieces and Nephews presents on Christmas!

Thanks,

The only diference in any of the one's I have converted was the connection at the power steering box. I have since quit using the stock shafts and started using aftermarket units with a spring crush instead of the usual nylon fused links on the stock units. The shafts are pretty much the same for (I think) 76-86 CJ's, and the same should go for earlier CJ's. The aftermarket units also make life alot easier if you want to add body lift and need to extend the shaft. You really haven't lived till you have to drill /burn/hammer/curse till you loose your voice/wreck your hands extending a stock shaft:mad:

Yep - I just had to count the splines when I ordered it. They had them on the shelf already. No more floppy steering because of a worn out lower coupling...

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks