Build Thread Baja's CJ 6 Build

Build Thread Baja's CJ 6 Build

BajaEdition

Resident 'Old' Jeep Shaman
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
67 cj5,225 Dauntless, D30,chrome molies, detroit, D44, full floating detroit, custom steering, disc all the way around,2 inch lift on 31s, armored up
70 cj6 4 inch lift
will be calling this the TJ6

taking a stretched TJFrame and putting a 70 CJ6 body on it

got the rolling chassis home
010.jpg

the stretch to 101 inches
013.jpg

Ax15 tranny for the beast
008.jpg

keeping the Nth degree short arm jyro joint lift
014.jpg

015.jpg

anyone who can pick it up, I have a CJ6 frame for them.
011.jpg

plans for the day are to do some work on the CJ5 taking off the PTO unit, mounting the Warn Power Plant and mounting a warn 9000 I on the TJ frame.

I have 2 projects before I get heavy into the sixer project, I am converting the rear axle of the CJ5 into a full floating unit with a detriot and rebuilding teh tranny and tcase from the sixer and putting them in the 5

Sounds like a great plan! Can't wait to see it develop? Sure wish I was a little closer - I'd help! :laugh:

going run a Dauntless 225 v6 and a np 231 with 4 low and a l low kit in it.
got the AX15 because they are stronger than a 3550 and bolt direct to the tcase. An thinking about putting a l
KLUNE UNDERDRIVE unit in it for an extra 2.something or another reduction.

Sounds like a great plan! Can't wait to see it develop? Sure wish I was a little closer - I'd help! :laugh:

I really don't think you out of all people should be offering to help with someone else's project, aren't you far enough behind on your own :poke:

Baja; this looks like an awesome project, I'm excited to watch it come together :chug:

like I said, give me about a month on teh 5 and this one takes off, I will pend most of next year tinkering with it, there is so much to do as I am changing from 70 jeep tech to 2004 jeep tech,
I will be adding in reinforcemnt for pedals on firewall, not through the floor
changing to hydraulic clutch and powerbrakes, and that is just the tip of the list, actually putting the drive line on and body is an easy task compared to the rest.

like I said, give me about a month on teh 5 and this one takes off, I will pend most of next year tinkering with it, there is so much to do as I am changing from 70 jeep tech to 2004 jeep tech,
I will be adding in reinforcemnt for pedals on firewall, not through the floor
changing to hydraulic clutch and powerbrakes, and that is just the tip of the list, actually putting the drive line on and body is an easy task compared to the rest.

I like the fact that your using the coil springs but since it is a TJ frame that makes sense, now are you gonna get extra long travel shocks so you have no limitation on your flex ? Ken the person i got my body tub has a YJ Scrambler and he did kind of the same thing you are doing he stretched his frame 2 feet and body and was using the coil suspension with long travel arm shocks and said he wanted to put limiting straps on because he had no restrictions, it almost makes me want to upgrade to coil's :drool: but i will be watching this, if only we could watch CJ's progress ;)

I wish I was closer, I could supervise and check the temperature on your beer refrigerator from time to time.:chug:

We should all remember the rule of the corporate world, "Those who can not do, manage.":cool:

LOL - That is why offered - I knew I couldn't be there! :(

well I actually work a bit on it
I had bought a winch plate so I installed my Warn XD9000i I had on ir before
I also went to put the Warn Powerplant on the CJ5 when I ran into a PO problem, someone had reinforce the fram with some !/4 inch plate so I have to move4 holes a 1/4 inch on 2 mounting brackets
however I did get the ramsey PTO winch off, Any one near Socal need a Ramsey PTO winch and PTO unit that fits a D18 transfer case? Make offer.

I have been trying to figure out how I can incorporate the CJ6 idea I had and making a monster out of it and I think you answered a lot of my jumbled thoughts... I love the idea of a CJ6 sitting on a stretched TJ frame... I know what I must do... we can have one on the west coast (yours) and one on the east coast.

Now who has a clean CJ 6 on the east coast I can have?

cb

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom