Back Way to Crown King, AZ

Back Way to Crown King, AZ

JeffP

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'75 CJ5, 304, T18, D20, D44s w/3.73 1974 CJ5, 304, 4 spd., Dana axles 3.73 gears. 1973 CJ5, 258 I6, T18, Dana 20, Dana axles 4.27 gears. 1972 CJ5, 304, 4 Spd, Dana 20, 4.27 gears. 1976 CJ5, 304, T150. 1976 CJ5, 304, T150, J20 w/4.10 gears. 69 CJ5 Hurricane 4 cyl, 4spd all original! ‘53/‘54 M38a1 100% original but also 100% apart! Low 3 digit Vin! One of the very first m38a1s!
Around the first week of this month I drove one of my CJ5s up to Crown King, AZ by way of Lake Pleasant.
Conditions were good to excellent except for two places. The first enounter was a giant boulder with a matching ditch in front of it. Both passengers bailed out for safety and I darn near flipped my Jeep getting over it!
Thinking back it would have been much smarter to winch it over.
Without the added power of a V8 or compound low, it’s doubtful someone would make it.
The 2nd encounter required a spotter. More boulders buried in the road and a spotter is required to prevent hanging up on the differentials.
Other than the two places mentioned and eating more than our fair share of dust, it was a good trip.
Besides a Forest Ranger the only others we saw were a small group of people with a broken driveshaft (in the easy part lol) who were just finishing up repairs.

You really need to take pictures to show just how much fun you had. BTW, I have had many passengers bail out also. I looked up Crown King and it looks like a great Jeep trip.

You really need to take pictures to show just how much fun you had. BTW, I have had many passengers bail out also. I looked up Crown King and it looks like a great Jeep trip.
The US Forest Service has a number you can call for current conditions. Like a typical idiot, I didn’t call. Remind me to do that next time!
I also learned they give out “Jeepin” maps! How cool is that?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks