AMC logo spare tire cover

AMC logo spare tire cover

sparkzaflyin

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1972 CJ5, 304, T15, Dana 20, Dana 44, Dana 30
Hey, new member here. Looking for a source for a spare tire cover for a rear mounted tire on my CJ5 with the red white and blue AMC corporate logo. I'm surprised they don't seem to be available anywhere.

Probably going to have to get a custom one made. There are places that will do it. You'll have to submit the artwork to them, which should be easy to find on the internet. They might balk a bit about using a manufacturers logo, but you won't know until you ask.

Welcome aboard from Texas. that would be a neat cover to have. I dont think i have seen one before tho

Welcome aboard!!

Probably going to have to get a custom one made. There are places that will do it. You'll have to submit the artwork to them, which should be easy to find on the internet. They might balk a bit about using a manufacturers logo, but you won't know until you ask.

Read this and started wondering what ever really happened to the old logo.... Wikipedia has this to say:

"A new company was formed in Palmdale, California, in 2001. A registration for the American Motors trademarks was filed in 2001 by this California-based firm. The company's website specifically claimed no affiliation to the previous American Motors, but used AMC's history and logos on its website. The website is now dead, and the company's claims to AMC's trademarks expired in 2005.
The new Chrysler LLC holds a live registration for the name "American Motors", which was applied for in 2005. The AMC trademark, complete with "A-mark" - as was originally used in 1970 and through the late-1980s – was registered and published for comment by Chrysler as of 2010.

Also found this:

"In addition, the trademark AMC, complete with “A-mark” and exactly as used in the 1970s and 1980s, was published for opposition at the end of November. It had been submitted in 2005, and is owned by the “current Chrysler,” not the bankrupt entity. "

- News | Chrysler registers AMC, Tradesman -

Now I'm wondering if my heat transfer vinyl would stick to a tire cover.....

Just received my tire cover in the mail. Real pleased with the look. Only old wrenchers will understand the meaning.

Attachments

• WP_20170503_15_44_02_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170503_15_44_02_Rich.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 163
NICE:notworthy:
Who did the work?
LG

:ty:

Would have to see the design etc to say for sure.:confused:
LG

First pic is actual decal and spacing placed under logo.
Second pic is actual color decal.

Attachments

• WP_20170503_18_17_15_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170503_18_17_15_Rich.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 182
  • WP_20170503_18_17_32_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170503_18_17_32_Rich.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 184
Looks GREAT! :notworthy:
LG

Just got done applying my leftover Jeep decal to my spare tire cover.

Attachments

• WP_20170514_12_51_40_Rich (2).jpg
    WP_20170514_12_51_40_Rich (2).jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 207
Very cool, that perfectly completes it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ty: :notworthy:
That turned out GREAT!
LG

Looks good

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks