AMC 20 diff questions. Hun removal, seals

AMC 20 diff questions. Hun removal, seals

jeradv

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
‘84 CJ7, 2.5, T4, D300
Can someone help me out that has been through an AMC20 rear end. I pulled the hubs with a puller and the axle shaft came with it. I thought these were 2 piece so after that I put a 3 jaw on the hub and cranked on it with my 3/4 impact... nothing. Heated with torch... nothing. Am I missing something? Also, do the bearings press on? The bearing and the race/cup came with the shaft when I pulled it which seemed odd as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
2cfdc25ac259b4b46be7bacc401318ed.jpg

d41a54903505e6317b7159454989bfee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That IS the OEM 2-piece axle.
Throw it away and get a set of Mosers.......
BTW, you should have left the backing plate bolted to the axle while trying to pull that hub.
YES-the bearing and collar a pressed on.
You really need to get a copy of the real FSM to help you.
LG

any idea where I can get a copy of the FSM? I’ve looked for a real copy for months but the ones I see on eBay just seem to be more like an owners manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moser.

enough said.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks