After Winter Startup

After Winter Startup

Vvajk

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 4.2L inline six, T-5 Tranny, Dana 300 2 stick T-case, AMC 20 rear axle, limited slip diffs.
Hey all. My 1984 CJ7 has been sitting all winter in the garage. I was planning on driving it periodically during the winter, but it just didn't happen. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you would suggest adding anything to the fuel tank before starting her up. No fuel injectors, just an old school carb.

Come spring I always just fire mine up and take it to town and fill the tank with fresh fuel.

Hey all. My 1984 CJ7 has been sitting all winter in the garage. I was planning on driving it periodically during the winter, but it just didn't happen. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you would suggest adding anything to the fuel tank before starting her up. No fuel injectors, just an old school carb.

I tried Marine full synthetic two-cycle (TCW3) as a fuel additive, one liquid ounce per five gallons of fuel. It quieted down the lifters, raised cold idle about 150RPM, and increased gas mileage slightly less than 2MPG [Honda Element 1.8L). I used it in my Jeep after convincing myself it has some good effect. Next it goes into a 4cycle outboard during the 10 hour breakin, and probably eternally after that.

I figure that if I can keep from having to take an engine in for any repair, I probably break even, long term.

Alternately, move South. I just took my doors off yesterday after driving all winter (winter ? everything bloomed all winter - no frost) with windows removed.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks