8th Annual Jeep-CJ Colorado Trail REPORT

8th Annual Jeep-CJ Colorado Trail REPORT
Nice pictures! This one should be framed and hung in a living room or den.
679afe7a17bc7965d3b7fb0a590cab08.jpg

I really want to thank everyone that came to this trail ride. I had a blast and I gather everyone else did too. I especially want to thank Posi for helping out.

Tonight I met with Ben and a few others for sushi and a couple of beers. Some of you remember Ben coming to the trail rides for a couple years. The topic of the jeep'n came up. We talked about the Jeep-CJ trail rides for an hour or two. Ben told of the story of the Jeep-CJ trail ride going up Ophir Pass and we were blocked by a young guy in a 2WD SUV unable to get up a slope of loose rock. Chuck tells the driver "get out. I'll drive your SUV up to the top." The driver agrees and Chuck hops in and blasts up the slope with rocks flying". I thought the guy was going to be pissed at Chuck at the way he drove his SUV but instead he was appreciative.

Ben also talked about Chuck doing a great job of spotting him through difficult sections. Then when I would spot Ben through rough parts and I'd make faces giving Ben the impression he's about to bang up his pickup. Ben is like: "I want Chuck to spot me". I guess you had to have been there. Ben is funny and entertaining.

Ben was saying how much he enjoyed the trail rides. He was saying "those are such good people" and I agree. It's so good to get together at these trail rides.
:chug:

We then talked about Moab. We talked about the trail ride Posi organizes in Moab in the Spring. Ben says we've got to go there. I agreed. Ben will trailer my CJ5 behind his pickup. Ben will ride in my CJ on the Moab trails. The only promise I had to make is not to roll my jeep. I agreed.

Ben told me to call up Chuck and tell him we'll both be there at Moab. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Great! Glad to hear that you will be joining us. Also glad to hear that Ben didn't fall off the edge of the earth! It will be great to see him again next spring.

Looking forward to Moab. It will be good to see Ben again and always good to see Dave and the rest of “the gang”. I’m betting that Posi has some great trails picked out.

Thanks for the kind words Dave, and Ben.
I like Ben, fits right in :)
Dave, I enjoyed running Silverton again this year and hanging out with the gang.
Super excited about you and Ben making next year's Moab trip, a lot of fun to be had.
Maybe I should start a thread soon it's only 7 months away.

By the way.....someone in "the gang" send me a quart of dryflow, a very thoughtful thing to do being I had some air filtering issues on our trail run. Ok, fess up who sent it?

6318a36756a438239777d4d632121dd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I had thought of it - but I didn’t.

Were their any mechanical problems with anyone to speak of ?
As Dave said, no real breakdowns. In fact very clean ride.

The worst that I can think of was a minor transmission line leak on 007's CJ. It was before the trail and due to the help of everyone it was fixed in about 20 minutes. CJers stick together! :chug:

Leaving Silverton

44723087861_ff066c2455_k.jpg

And about to get back on the road 20 minutes later.

42913728070_51f3330d86_k.jpg

By the way.....someone in "the gang" send me a quart of dryflow, a very thoughtful thing to do being I had some air filtering issues on our trail run. Ok, fess up who sent it?
No one fussed up so I did some searching.
It was delivered by UPS from AEM in Riverside CA
It was ordered by 4wheel dr hardware
Checked the customer PO # with 4WDR, and get this, it was ordered in November "2015" by Chris T****r from Temple AZ. Don't know Chris.

Last edited:
Yes, I put the skid to good use everytime I take that line up the wall.
I climbed faster then I wanted because I was mistakenly in 4hi.
I realized it half way up. Lol
Last year in 4low I still used the skid = 33” @ 10/8 psi.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks