Steering 74 CJ5 Power Steering Conversion

Steering 74 CJ5 Power Steering Conversion

RicksRadio

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'74 CJ5 , 225 V6, T14, D20
Existing manual gear box has 3 bolts, new or remans power units have 4 bolt. Is there a junkyard source that would have the proper frame mounting bracket for the power gear box?
Or perhaps, would the 4 bolt version have 3 holes already lined up and just needing to fab a spacer for the 4th on the existing frame mount? Thx

Jeep is definitely a 74 but someone had put in the V6 and it's drivetrain . Junkyard scribbles in wax or chalk crayon still on engine block from a '71 CJ5. Also, the transmission crossmember is from who knows what and was modified to hang properly under the frame given the trans mount used. Plus, fuel line and other under the hood mods took place to use the engine along with slightly modified dual exhaust system apparently from junked 71. Code on firewall denotes a 258 engine was original. Whoever did the swap did a decent job and made it easy by using all the drivetrain from the 71. The Buick bellhousing and factory Jeep/Kaiser spacer is pretty well T14 specific. Anyways, thanks for the link and I am still searching around more. Thought maybe a quick fix could be found while I'm still finalizing anything needed on frame suspension brakes before the new tub goes on.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks