5.7 olds diesel cj7 crazy or not

5.7 olds diesel cj7 crazy or not

twiggys cj7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 cj7, 47 cj2a, 80 gmc jimmy, homemade v-8 buggy
ok yall i need intelligent input from non bolt on guys i want to put a diesel in my rusty CJ7 i have the parts to put a 5.7 olds diesel 700r4 231 combo in my jeep im broke but have lots of parts and junk layn around i also have a turbo for a 6.5 and a turned up injection pump for a 5.7 i just want to hear what yall think im crazy or brilliant i want to hear it also have fullsize chevy axles with lockers front and rear im thinkin about usin same as before its free
thanks
mike
cheers:chug:

IMO, if you wanna go with a diesel, go with a 4BT. Fits better, lighter, and it will make some terrific torque at low RPMs. I wouldn't waste my time with the Olds engine. Free or not.

The axles might be a different story. Depending on what they are from and what shape they are in, of course. And what you want to do with the rig afterwards.

NO way on the 5.7l olds diesel. They had so many problems it was unbelievable!

Here is a video I found of a diesel Jeep for ya...

[jeeptube]BaN8ql4J0n4[/jeeptube]

i appreciate the input i wish i had the money for a 4bt but i dont it still might get the 350 out of my blazer which had enough power to shred the gears in my 12 bolt and the blazer will get a 455 olds i have sittin around but the wifes jeep is gettin the attention right now
i still might try it just to do it i hear arp studs hold the heads down good
later yall
thanks
mike

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom