KRUPP

Jeeper
Gold Supporter
Donator
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7 Laredo
258 w/Howell e.f.i., HEI Ign, Dana 44 Front w/Detroit, Dana 44 Rear w/Detroit
Just wondering who plans on going this year over Easter?
We're debating now and I'm not really sure we'll go for the M.E.J.S. We're thinking about the long Memorial Day weekend instead.

24 EJS Mag.jpg

I would like to go, but the crowds and my lack of reservations, make it impossible.

I'd love to go but it's so far

Sent from my E7110 using Tapatalk

I'd love to go but it's so far

You have to want it. I’ve been thinking about it for a few decades . Gitter done.

Im 2.5 hours from the Atlantic Ocean. Moab is a looooong drive

I’m figuring 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 days of driving my Jeep each way.

I’m figuring 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 days of driving my Jeep each way.
I'm thinking more like 4. It's just shy of 2000 miles each way

About 1500 from New Orleans. Driving a, 40-year-old jeep, I have found that food stops, gas stops, stretch your legs stops, your average speed comes out to about 50 mph or 30 hours of driving. At my age, in the jeep, I can do nine hours I like to limit it to eight hours. Hell, I like to limit it to 8 hours when I drive the three year old Suburban. When you use the different distance calculating apps you should think that they are basing the times on state speed limits. 75 mph in NM, 80 mph in Utah. Not sure about the other states between you and there but I know I can't hang with that speed. Definitely go, It's worth it. Just give yourself time to get there and back. Being there will be tiring all by itself.

One of these days I will make the Pilgrimage to Moab but it won't be soon

I did 85 in my Jeep last year for 1 second. It likes 60 -65 and some 70 for some stretches. I won’t be in a hurry anymore. If I had a Suburban which I did 25 years ago I would be towing it.

Best time of year to go to Moab: The week after Easter Jeep Safari.

Sure. The week after Easter Jeep Safari.IMG_7341.jpeg

Why the week after?

usually, the weather is great and the crowds have gone. That , and the great group of folks they go with. Good to see you on here Shooby!

It has been pointed out to me that my Moab visit is not the week after Jeep Safari this year! More like 3 weeks after this year. Early Easter this year!

Same reason, same group, good times had by all. We will miss being with you all, our time off this year is during Safari week because of an early Easter. Maybe next year.

It is a crazy time over Easter, for sure. Took a couple decades off and was surprised last Easter at what’s changed there. I’m getting old, I guess. But, it seemed a lot different back then. Heck, we used to drive over the Dewey Bridge if we took the Cisco cutoff route.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks