1969 CJ 5 heater

1969 CJ 5 heater

MikeT

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1969 Willy's CJ-5 pickup
Hi all , I am new here and own a 1969 CJ5 it has the heater with the vacuum lines to the controls everything is there all in excellent shape no rust , I am missing the fresh air intake hose that runs from the grille to the core box, that cable opens and closes the air air gate just fine...

my problem is i can get no air to come out of either the defrost or the heater duct in the cab.. the fan is running fine and it works in all three positions so I need some help trying to understand the system the vacuum valves open and close easily but it has no effect on delivering air.. any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks

Mice usualy like to build there nests inside them. Especialy if theve been sitting for any length of time. If you're sure that all the doors are opening as they should, The next step is to take the heater apart and check inside it.

Mice usualy like to build there nests inside them. Especialy if theve been sitting for any length of time. If you're sure that all the doors are opening as they should, The next step is to take the heater apart and check inside it.

Yep, and the old rubber vacuum lines tend to crack. First thing is to make sure the control & actuators are actually working. Sort of similar to tracking down a wiring problem. Check vacuum at the control inlet and then each outlet port cycling through the push buttons. If you have vac at the actuator port and it still doesn't function, the diaphragm is probably perforated.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks