1951 Willys Truck

1951 Willys Truck

mudd bug

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1974 CJ5, 304V8
2012 JKUR
I am looking at buying me a 1951 Willys Truck and I have a few questions.
  • Does anyone here own one
  • Has anyone here restored one
  • Are parts hard to come by, I do know that kaiserwillys.com has almost everything.

The windshield and windows are flat any glass shop can cut you new ones.

Well I have seen the glass on several sites so I'm not too worried about that. I am going to look at it tomorrow and make my decision then. The only problem I have is that the guy took the entire thing apart so its in pieces.

The windshield and windows are flat any glass shop can cut you new ones.

Your right , I was thinking of the FC where they have some rounded glass.

Well I have seen the glass on several sites so I'm not too worried about that. I am going to look at it tomorrow and make my decision then. The only problem I have is that the guy took the entire thing apart so its in pieces.

Sounds like the toughest part is going to be making sure everything is there. Good Luck. :chug:

I've owned 6, I'm partial to the small cab window 54 and down. I sold my 51 not long ago. Parts are fairly easy to find, I've bought from Kaiser-Willys but prefer Carl at Walck's 4wdr, good guy to deal with. CL is also helpful.

Make sure you check the frame especially behind the cab where they rot. Below is a 52 I did a few years ago.

framerot.png

framerot1.png

SBFRAME-1.png

000_0296-1.png

000_0294-1.png

DSCN0457.png

Thanks POSI,

Since you seem to be very familiar with them, could you tell me where to find the vin#. The guy has no title and so I would like to run the vin to make sure there is no issues with this. Any other helpful hints or stuff to look for would be greatly appreciated, since I am going to check it out tomorrow.

Thanks POSI,

Since you seem to be very familiar with them, could you tell me where to find the vin#. The guy has no title and so I would like to run the vin to make sure there is no issues with this. Any other helpful hints or stuff to look for would be greatly appreciated, since I am going to check it out tomorrow.
Away for the weekend sorry I couldn't answer your question sooner. If you haven't found it already the vin tag is located on the floor raiser on the left side of driver's seat. The SN can be located on the left frame rail on the outside near the front as well. The F-head SN is located at the top front of the engine block on the water pump boss.

Hope this helps.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom