Engine 151 duke

Engine 151 duke

ironduke1982

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1982 cj7 base model
I'm in need of a 151 iron duke that runs in Illinois that can be bought cheaply.
My CJ7 engine is hurt and it's my daily driver it's running on 3 cyl right now engine is very tired block is worn out and head is also. Need to find one in the next few days. I can be found at greenhotrod2@gmail.com or 309-613-4857 leave a txt or voice mail I'll call you back.

Consider a more ubiquitous Chevy 4.3. It is compatible with your bellhousing. My two cents.

Consider a more ubiquitous Chevy 4.3. It is compatible with your bellhousing. My two cents.
I have a brand new GM crate engine 4.3 not going to work with bell housing 4.3 uses a 10-inch clutch 2.5 uses a 9 clutch.
I want to stay with a 2.5 less hassle.
Already been down that road before, I want one out and one back in about 1 to 1.5 days not worried about more power 2.5 is just fine.

Last edited:
I hear you.

Yes, your bellhousing is small and can only house a smaller than the normal Chevy clutch sizes, I believe 10 or 11inch. You do need a special flywheel to accommodate engine balance, small clutch, and crankshaft spacing. And it might not be readily available. Good luck finding a good one fitty one. 👍

I would imagine it will be a little hard finding a good Duke. I'm swapping my 150 for a 258. Good luck with KISS.

Iron Duke is a Pontiac motor, produced for over a decade, so finding one shouldn't be to hard. They are also used in some pony/hobby stock classes in circle track racing.

If I remember correctly, your T5 has the same mounting pattern as a classic Ford manual transmission. Summit has the bellhousing you need to keep your T5 with traditional Chevy clutch components. You already have a nice short V6 Chevy engine, but exhaust work and possibly a new radiator might set you back more than you can absorb. Once again, good luck with your choices.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks